Marliss® Mojo Cod
- 4-8 Center Cut Cod Loins (4-6 Ounces each)
- 1 Cup all purpose Flour
- ½ Cup Corn Starch
- ½ Cup Marliss® Mojo Seasoning
- ¼ Cup Marliss Yellow Rice Seasoning
- ½ Cup oil of your choice
- In a large mixing bowl, combine all the dry ingredients. Blend well.
- In a large frying pan that has a lid, heat up the oil. While the oil is heating, coat your Cod Loins in your flour mixture pressing down on your Cod Loins making sure to get a good coating on them. Alternatively you may put flour mixture into large resealable bag with Cod Loins and shake well to coat thoroughly.
- When the oil has reached the desired temperature (test temperature by putting the bottom of a wooden spoon in the oil; if you see tiny bubbles, it’s ready). Add your Cod Loins one at a time, laying them in the pan away from you to avoid being burnt with oil. Add as many Cod Loins as will comfortably fit in your pan without touching.
- Fry for 4 minutes then turn them over and fry for an additional 3 minutes or until an internal temperature of 130° has been reached.
- Remove from the oil and place on rack, immediately and sprinkle with a bit more Marliss® Mojo seasoning and allow to rest on rack for a few minutes.
Goes wonderfully with Marliss® Arroz Amarillo and Marliss® Frijoles Negros.