A great compliment to all Marliss® main entrées, this classic side is a vivid, flavorful dish your family will adore.
- 2 cups long grain rice
- 4 cups water
- 6 teaspoons Marliss® Yellow Rice Seasoning
- 2 Tablespoons Olive oil
- In a medium, heavy pot with a tight fitting lid, heat oil over medium heat.
- When oil has been heated, add rice (minced onions, red peppers, Cubanelle peppers, or any other choice minced vegetables you like) and cook for 3-5 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Add water and Marliss® Yellow Rice Seasoning.
- Let water come to a boil, stirring no more than a couple of times.
- As the water boils down and just covers the top of the rice, turn the flame exceptionally low and cover.
- Cook for 12-15 minutes.
- Remove from heat source and let cool for an additional 5 minutes.