A flavorful side that pairs well with any Marliss® entrée recipe.
- 3 lbs of yucca root (Cut into wedges)
- Marliss® Mojo seasoning (As needed)
- Oil (Your choice, I use peanut oil)
- Marliss® Mojo Mayo (For dipping)
- Slice off the ends of the yucca root and cut into 4” slices.
- Peel each cylinder of yucca and place into a pot of slowly boiling water. Cook until tender. Do not overcook the yucca, as it will fall apart during frying. Set on a rack or paper towels and allow to dry. You can dab with a paper towel if you are in a hurry.
- In a large fry pan (you can use a Dutch oven), heat up oil enough to just cover the yucca fries.
- Fry in batches, do not over crowd the pan. Fry until a nice golden brown or done to your liking.
- Generously season with Marliss® Mojo seasoning, immediately after they come out of the oil. This way, the seasoning adheres to the yucca fries. Do this in a good size bowl and “toss” the fries for a good coating.
Serve immediately with Marliss® Mojo Mayo for dipping.