Marliss® Frijoles Negros
- ½ Cup Water
- 2 Cans Black Beans
- ½ Lb. Pork Belly (Cut into small Pieces and seasoned with Marliss® Mojo Seasoning)
- 2 Cubanelle Peppers (Diced)
- 1 Large Red Onion (Diced)
- 5 Cloves Garlic (Rough Chop)
- 4 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- 2 Tablespoons Marliss® Color Frijoles Negro
- 2 Tablespoons Marliss® Mojo Seasoning (1 teaspoon to season Pork Belly)
- 4 Bay Leaves
- 1 teaspoon Marliss® Ground Cumin
- 1 teaspoon Oregano Leaves
- In a large pot, add oil and let it heat up. Add seasoned Pork Belly and allow to sauté, stirring for a few minutes.
- Add Bay Leaves and continue to stir for one minute, allowing the flavor from the Bay Leaves to bloom.
- Add diced Onions, Cubanelle peppers and stir for a few more minutes.
- Add Marliss® Mojo seasoning, Cumin and Oregano. Stir for one minute.
- Add Garlic and stir for another minute. Then add Black Beans, stir and add water. Add Marliss® Color Frijoles Negros and stir until well blended. (If the color is not to your liking, you can add more.)
- Bring to a slow boil and taste. Remember to use two spoons, one to take the liquid from the pot and then transfer to the cool spoon. This way, you will not burn yourself. For richer flavor add more Marliss® Mojo seasoning.
- Cook for 5 minutes at a slow boil. Then reduce the heat to a simmer for 10 minutes.