This Congri pairs well with Marliss® Mojo Chicken, fresh avocado and fried Marliss® Mojo Seasoned Platanos!
- 4 Cups Water
- 2 Cups Black Beans (Soaked)
- 2 Cups Long Grain Rice (Rinsed)
- ½ Lb. Pork Belly (Cut into small Pieces and seasoned with Marliss® Mojo Seasoning)
- 3 Cubanelle Peppers (Diced)
- 1 Large Red Onion (Diced)
- 5 Cloves Garlic (Rough Chop)
- 4 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- 2 Tablespoons Marliss® Color Frijoles Negro
- 2 Tablespoon Marliss® Mojo Seasoning (1 teaspoon to season Pork Belly)
- 3 teaspoons Marliss® Yellow Rice Seasoning
- 4 Bay Leaves
- 1 teaspoon Ground Cumin
- 1 teaspoon Oregano Leaves
- Soak Black Beans in water for 6 hours or overnight (do not exceed 12 hours).
- Drain soaked beans and place them in fresh water, add 2 Bay Leaves and bring to a boil. Allow to cook for 10 minutes, then reduce heat to a simmer and cook until tender. (About 70-90 minutes.) Drain and set aside.
- In a large pot, add oil, let it heat up and add seasoned Pork Belly. Allow to sauté, stirring for a few minutes.
- Add remaining Bay leaves and continue to stir for one minute. Allow the flavor from the Bay leaves to bloom.
- Add diced onions, Cubanelle peppers and stir for a few more minutes.
- Add Marliss® Mojo seasoning, cumin and oregano. Stir for one minute.
- Add Rice, Garlic and stir. Next add Black Beans and stir. Then add water, Marliss® Yellow Rice Seasoning and stir.
- Add Marliss® Color for Frijoles Negros and stir, mixing the color evenly throughout. (If the color is not to liking you can always add more.)
- Bring to a slow boil and taste. For richer flavor, add more Marliss® Mojo seasoning.
- Cook for 5 minutes at a slow boil and reduce heat to a simmer. Stir to make sure rice is not sticking and cover. Cook for 20 minutes. Uncover and check rice for doneness.